Life Never Goes According to Plan



To ask such a question, 
I never thought that I could. 
I never thought I would.
 Then get the answer that I got. 
I think that you're asking for the wrong reasons. 
It's the wrong time.  
It's the wrong place. 
Patience. 
I have this life that I need to live, 
let me breath a little. 
Let me take these wings you gave me 
and fly away. 
Will you still be here when I get back?

I have all these dreams. I'm a Neuroscience major, I need to go to school, I need to get good grades, I want to go to graduate school. I want to go on a study abroad to Africa. To write letters to far off places and have a little romance, to accomplish something beautiful. I think I'm still waiting for the perfect love story. I'm scared, but I'm so excited that He didn't say no. It's all about my choices in the end. This is so important though, it's all so important. I need to wait for my sister, my best friend, my mother, my father, everything that I know. 
Let's face it, I still need to grow. 

I'm young - but you're the sweetest person I've ever known. The thing that scares me more, is that you could fit in with my plans. You were never apart of the plan. I never thought, I never thought. It's a scary thing to me, to say what you want me to say, to do what you want me to do, to be, to be that. I'm terrified. And yet at the same time, it's the happiest thing that could happen. What would they all think though? Is this crazy? Is this right? I said that I would never, I said that I would never, but when do my nevers ever work out. It's weird to think that I'm talking about it, that I'm even thinking about it. Too fast, maybe? Too quick, maybe? Take two steps back just to let me breath. Just to let me take a step back and see. 
Happiness is all relative, but, of course she said, of course He said, of course. 
This was not part of the plan, you were not part of the plan. 
But really, when does life ever go according to plan?
So, let me take these wings you gave me, and fly away. 
Will you still be here when I get back?

I sat down today, I took a deep breath, and while I know you want me to say yes, 

.....and I said no. 
No, not right now. 
I have to many dreams to live to tie down these wings just yet. 



--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.