Through His Eyes

What would you see if you looked through His eyes? He, the creator, the redeemer, the savior, the son of all. After having a long conversation today with a friend about Senior Ball -- and how she feels she isn't good enough and that no one sees her, I thought, someone sees you He sees you, even if no one else does. 

I wondered today, what if everyone took a moment to look at the world how He sees it? I saw a boy today, he is quiet and kind. He told the girl next to me that she looked beautiful today. When the world looks at him they see that he is not the most talented, or not the smartest, or not the most attractive, he doesn't have washboard abs or built arms or broad shoulders, and you know he may not even be the kindest -- but he made her day I watched this girl smile. I thought about how Christ must see him, this boy, that he gave a compliment and made someone's burden lighter. 

Now, in no way am I saying that I am perfect. I still hopelessly stare at the boy I like and think about how I think he is attractive. I'm still the girl that gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror, just to say, well I guess I'm not good enough yet. But you know, what if everyone woke up in the morning and said to themselves....."wow, I am great". I realize that maybe some of you do, and maybe I should -- but as I said, I'm not perfect.

So I guess I have a challenge, maybe today take a moment to look at someone that you normally wouldn't see and see them how He would see them, or even try to see how He would see you. 


--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.

One Response so far.

  1. Bronwen says:

    Wow Emma, thanks for sharing those thoughts. I appreciate it!