You Have Been the One
You Have Been the One For Me




This is Stephen. 
He's been there for me for a long time, 
he's been the one I've been seeing for two and a half months now. 
Really though, I've loved him for awhile and I've tried to hide it from everyone.
I know, way to be dishonest with the world, yes, I know, but I'm trying to be honest. I'm trying to be better.
Let's be honest, I'm human. I may be Emma, but I make mistakes. 
I knew I could love him since September as he looked at me, laughed with me
--we had a nice little meet cute. 
And now?
Now that I'm telling all of you. 
It's over.....for now.
I'm hoping my best friend comes back to me so we can watch Bones and go bowling and have random adventures at the Walmart  at midnight, get Taco Bell at 2am and laugh until my stomach hurts.
 Go to dollar movies at midnight and get hot coco at McDonald's at some ridiculous hour. 


 Really seriously, when Heavenly Father tells you to leave, you leave. 
You say to yourself, the Lord is first, no matter what mistakes I may have made.
Until I get through my first semester of college, until I figure out what in the heck I want, 
I don't even think that I can be friends with him. 
Heartbreak hurts. 
I built a lot of dreams with him. 
Our house, our life, our everything. 
He is the most wonderful man I've met, and he might be the most wonderful I'll ever meet. 
And this time?
This time I wasn't good enough for him. 
This time I wasn't even in a position to be the one for him.
He wants a wife, and I still need to live a bit of my life. 
To have high heels, and Africa, 
and to say I will go and do Heavenly Father, I will go and do. 

But right now, 
I'm just holding him back.
I'm tying him down to my dreams, instead of me letting him live his. 
So, yes -- I've been in love. 
This isn't the first time, this isn't the last, but I don't think I will ever love like this again. 
[I know some of you have all been wondering what all of these "being in love" posts were about]
And yes -- I'm scared for what this means.
But without a doubt, I know it was the right decision. 

It hurts. 
But I couldn't figure out what side of the looking glass I was on, and...
And Heavenly Father doesn't think this is right time, so that was what I had to do. 
If I was patient, could've had a ring on my finger.
Could've been with a wonderful man, 
who while though he has his problems, as do we all, would have treated me right. 
But I made a promise once, and I intend to keep it. 


So, if you see me - lend me your smile. 
And if you see him - remind him of how wonderful he is, 
how kind, how smart, how loving, how hardworking, how goal-oriented, how wonderful he truly is.
And to that sweetheart of a man, I hope he finds her. 
I pray for you every day Stephen, and that will never change. 
I'll never stop loving you, because I gave you a piece of myself I can never take back - that's yours to keep. 


So, 
"Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer and when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be"

Goodbye for now my Stephen, my sweet Stephen,  
my lover, my friend, you have been the one. You have been the one for me. 


Love always, 
Emma 

--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.