- That awkward moment when you run into your EFY COW (Especially for Youth crush of the week) at ward prayer and they totally recognize who you are after four years and you stare blankly at them like a deer in the headlights until five minutes later you realize who they actually are.
- That awkward moment when you end up in the back of a trailer holding down a generator, while simultaneously trying not to hurt someone that you've met twice who decided to come up on a canyon adventure with you while your roommate also tries to hold on for dear life and take pictures.
- That awkward moment when you tell your best friend that you're replacing him and he actually believes you.....and then your roommate volunteers to be your best friend's new best friend.
- That awkward moment when you use the term Zoobie and none of your roommates know what the term means and then you feel really, really awkward.
- That awkward moment when you come out brushing your teeth to get your water bottle from your fridge and you realize there are four guys sitting in your kitchen that you've never met.
- That awkward moment when you realize some kid in the library is listening to the same YouTube version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and you post on Facebook about it being your soulmate and when you come home your roommates think it is about the boy you've had a crush on and are then disappointed....even after you said it's your soulmate.
- That awkward moment when you haven't seen your soulmate in the library since, but you know his name and hope that you'll have your "Someday My Prince Will Come" moment
- That awkward moment when you go puddle jumping on a Sunday and you question it's appropriateness but justify by calling it "family bonding" and appreciating God's nature....and then you come home and take photographs of how wet your bums are (and of course other ones!)
- That awkward moment when you realize that there is one strip on your leg that isn't shaved and no one told you until you were putting on your pajamas to go to bed.
- That awkward moment when you go to IHOP at 11:30 at night and your friends are talking about pick-up lines and the guy at the cashier starts naming off a bunch and then says....oh, I thought you were planning how to pick-up me.
- That awkward moment when you're going to a prestiges university and you've neglected to use grammatically correct sentences on your blog.
But as someone once said and various others have repeated,
it is only awkward if you make it awkward
-- so, here is to another week of trying my hardest not to make all of this too awkward.
Here is to yet another week of adventures in Zoobieland
(oh p.s. If you'd like this to become a regular thing, comment and let me know!)
--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.