Something Better

There will always be something better than me, rather someone better than me. 
There will always be someone prettier than me. 
There will always be someone smarter than me. 
There will always be someone more musically talented than me. 
There will always be someone better at photography than me. 
There will always be a better doctor, a better professor, a better friend. 
There will always be...something or someone better. 
They say everything you learn for life you learn when you're little. I can't say that I learned how to determine an orbital, what the anatomical name for elbow is or even how to ask a guy for his number. 
I can tell you though, that I did learn the foundations for it. 
I learned how to add and subtract numbers, which with the right set of variables you can determine the shape of an orbital of an electron. I did learn that it was called my elbow and then could associate the anatomical name for it to that. And you know, I did learn how to introduce myself which is the first step to getting that number that you want. 

I remember my second grade teacher used to tell us everyday, 
"Good better best, never let it rest, 'til your good gets better and your better gets best."

So maybe I'm not the best. 
It is proving quite the frustration when there is a really great guy, but then you realize you have no chance. 
If I'm being the best Emma I can possibly be, or you're being the best [insert your name here] you can possibly be, then what else could you be doing?
I'm trying to keep trying and I'm trying not to let it get me down. 

BYU is full of amazing people, it's the cream of the crop, the best of the best 
(or for some reason God felt that they were supposed to be here at this time and Heavenly Father felt that others would be better off in other places even if you may not realize it now). 

....I'm struggling with this being on the bottom thing again.

I think that we all have something that we struggle with though,
guess I'll just keep struggling to be on top again.
At least people know my name, right?

--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.