Life In The Basement


I should be writing a paper right now. 
Am I?
Erm, well instead I'm spending life in the basement. 
Literally and figuratively. 
I'm trying to write a paper on the gospel while sitting in a spiritual basement. 
Ironically, I spent this week focusing on forgiveness, which in some cases I'm doing very well with. 
The focus was particularly on a scripture in the seventieth chapter of Luke, verse 4. 
It reads:
"And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him."
And yet, 
here I am not willing to forgive someone who hurt me. 
Someone who is basically my family right now and I haven't said more than three words to them in the past week. You know, it might be four, but really that's barely enough to make a sentence. 
My only goal in life is to become like my Heavenly Father. 
Everything else I do is based around that. 
Why do I want to be a Neuroscience professor?
Is God not the greatest teacher of the them all?
Why do I want to be a mother?
Is my Heavenly Father not the most loving and gentle parent?
One who welcomes me home whenever I will come to him?
Why do I do want to do well?
Did He not say be ye therefore perfect even as thy Father in heaven is perfect?
So why I'm sitting her trying to finish up my personal experience paper for New Testament I don't know how to because the thing I was supposed to be doing this week I'm not doing a very good job with. 
So now I get to take the steps, 
(again literally and figuratively) 
to get out of the basement. 
Moral of the story: do what your Heavenly Father needs you to do so that you can be as close to the light as possible and not just in the basement of life. 







--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.