Friend Request.

I'm staring at the "Confirm" button. 
Do I click it?
I'm not mad. I'm not sad. 
I'm just Emma wondering how did I get here?
It's Facebook. Why is this such a big deal?
 Facebook prompts...
"They'd like to be your friend, if you know them click confirm"
Do I know them?
Yes I know them. I've known them forever. 
Forever. Forever?
A very long time at least. 
Letting You See It All. 
Would you like to see my life laid out on your screen?
Yes. Here it is. 
Want to know what I did last weekend?
Want to see what I did last night?
Want to see what I'm looking for?
Find my favorite quotes?
See what school I go too?
Find out my birthday?
See what I'm doing in the future?
Find out what I'm afraid of?
Tell you who I'm in love with?
Yes. Here it is. 

I'm staring at the "Not Now" button.
Do I click it?
I'm going to have to deal with this sooner. Or later.
I'm just Emma wondering how did I get here?
It's Facebook. Why is this such a big deal?
 Facebook prompts...
"Add to List"
Ah could I put them in a list? Just go on hiding.
Yes genius just go on being invisible.
Invisible. Invisible?
But they love me, and I love them too.
Letting You See Just a Bit. 
Would you like to see my face laid out on your screen?
Yes. Here it is. 
Want to stare and find out if I'm pretty?
Want to see what I did this weekend anyways?
Want to see the new camera trick I learned?
Want to see me smile?
Want to see my cry?
Want to see how I'm feeling?
Want to see that cute new hat I got?
Want to see where I went on vacation?
Want to know who my best friend is?
Yes. Here it is. 

I'm staring at the "Cancel" button.
Do I click it?
I'm sick of waiting though. I'm annoyed by the small red circle. 
I'm just Emma wondering how did I get here?
It's Facebook. Why is this such a big deal
 Facebook prompts...
"Subscribe via SMS to their posts"
I could read everything, it would be fine. Keep it safe still.
Yes brilliant, every status, I could stalk.
Stalk. Stalk?
This is silly, gleaning bits of information from the page. They want to be friends. We are friends. 
Letting You See Nothing 
Would you wonder what happened to me?
Yes. Yes you would. 
Want to know what I did last weekend? Yes, you do, because you wish you could be here too.
Want to see what I did last night? Yes, you do. So you can comment on how much fun I had. 
Want to see what I'm looking for? Yes, you do, because you want to see that.
Find my favorite quotes? Yes, you do, so we can laugh about the funny ones.
See what school I go too? Yes, you do because you want to see where I live. 
Find out my birthday? Yes, you do, because you care and want to wish me the best.
See what I'm doing in the future? Yes, you do, so maybe you can come too. 
Find out what I'm afraid of? Yes, you do, so you can be there to tell me it'll be okay. 
Tell you who I'm in love with? Yes, you do, because you might wonder if it's you.

Want to stare and see if I'm pretty? Yes, you do, and so you can comment and tell me that I am.
Want to see what I did this weekend anyways? Yes, you do, so you can laugh at how ridiculous it was.
Want to see the new camera trick I learned? Yes, you do, so you can tell me you're proud of me. 
Want to see me smile? Yes, you do, because you miss it. 
Want to see my cry? Yes, you do, because you want to tell me it'll all be okay in the end. 
Want to see how I'm feeling? Yes, you do, because sometime you're lost and you're trying so hard.
Want to see that cute new hat I got? Yes, you do, so that you can tell me it looks good on me. 
Want to see where I went on vacation? Yes, you do, so you can ask about all the adventures I had. 
Want to know who my best friend is? Yes, you do, so you can learn to be friends with them too. 
Yes. Yes you would.



I'm staring at the "Confirm" button. 
I'm staring at the "Not Now" button. 
I'm staring at the "Cancel" button.


-click-



--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.