What they never say.....



Really.....what I keep thinking is of a line from a song, 
"And every magazine tells her she's not good enough, 
and the pictures that she sees make her cry"
Why do I keep thinking this?
Because I think about, 
and think who gets to decide what beautiful is?
Not them. 
Not them with photoshop. 
Not them with fancy lighting. 
Not them. Not them. Not them. 
It's all about what they never say. 
They never say - Look at this girl where we photoshopped her wrinkles so you'll buy our product, 
because really that's what we all dream -insert product name here- will do. 
It could. 
You never know. 
But right now, we think you should look like this, 
of course, with our product. 
The thing is this, 
I think the girl on the left is just as beautiful as the girl on the right. 
You want to know why?
Because imperfections make people beautiful. 
So be proud of who you are. 
Forget all those ridiculous images, 
they're all fake anyways.
That's my favorite thing about photography - 
I get to show people, 
they are more than that kind of beautiful. 
So don't judge me too much - with my acne scars and tired eyes, 
because it reminds me. 
I am Emma. I am human. I am imperfect. 


--But this is just another autobiography, examining the prosopography of me.
By: Emma Marie.